The “Piccadilly”, and the “Brighton” are of the "Terrier" class, probably the most powerful locomotives for their diminutive size that ever ran on any railway. Fifty of these engines were built between 1872 and 1880. They were of the 0-
HISTORY WAS MADE when the “Brighton” was exhibited at the Paris Exhibition of 1878, at which it was awarded a gold medal. The neat outline of the engine, and the beautiful gamboge finish, copper chimney cap, and other details which added so much smartness to the Brighton locomotives of the Stroudley era, attracted considerable attention.
THE “LEWES” was one of the 0-
“Tank Engines” on this website.